As you already know, we cherished dwelling in China, we cherished our job and everybody we met was nice. We’re at all times so extremely optimistic about China and rave about how nice it’s. There are a lot of, many issues we miss about dwelling right here. Nevertheless, as with each place, there are some downsides to dwelling on this nation.
Right here’s a listing of 10 issues that we don’t miss about China:
1. The Air High quality. I’ve by no means been someplace with such horrible air pollution. Some days we actually couldn’t see out of our window. Throughout totally different instances of the yr it may be actually good, or actually dangerous. We had a “China cough” nearly day-after-day.
2. Smoking. One factor we didn’t know earlier than travelling right here was that nearly each man in China smokes. Though there are “no smoking” indicators on trains, in eating places and different areas, it doesn’t matter, they nonetheless mild up. And naturally, nobody complains.
3. Peeing On The Road. This one we’ll by no means get used to. Youngsters have a slit reduce out of their pants for simpler entry to going to the lavatory (a primary or a quantity two). The one factor is, they simply go on the streets, into rubbish cans, in supermarkets, in prepare stations…the place ever. Even when a toilet is simply a few steps away.
4. The Spitting & Farmer’s Blowing. We now perceive the necessity for clearing of mucus out of 1’s lungs. However that doesn’t imply we get pleasure from listening to and seeing it. Nor can we get pleasure from a farmer’s blow, get some tissue!
5. The Driving. The driving in China is horrendous. We’ve been to many nations and seen some fairly dangerous drivers, however I feel they’re the worst right here! Nobody shoulder checks, pedestrians don’t have the right-of-way, they pace and swerve all around the avenue after which yell at one another when there’s an accident – when clearly each events concerned had been at fault! We’ve seen so many accidents right here, it’s insane.
6. Our Mattress. Our backs have thanked us since leaving right here. No quantity of padding may assist this board of a mattress.
7. Yelling At Youngsters. Dad and mom and Grandparents scream at their youngsters and smack them on a regular basis, which is one thing that we personally don’t agree with.
8. MSG & Oily Meals. We LOVE the meals in China, it’s so scrumptious and there’s a lot selection. Nevertheless, there are massive quantities of MSG used, which provides flavour however the sodium content material is so excessive. The meals can also be fairly oily and normally fried.
9. Their Hatred For The Japanese. We had no concept how a lot animosity the Chinese language folks have for the Japanese. I feel it’s extra so in our space of China. Throughout WWII the Japanese tortured and murdered many Chinese language folks in Nanjing, the capital of our province. Our college students had been at all times making racist remarks and as non-racist folks, it was exhausting for us to tolerate.
10. Being Too Tall For This Nation. Now this isn’t China’s fault, however we’re tall folks (I’m 5’10” and Nick is 6’0″), so it’s good to have the ability to purchase garments that match us and never need to hunch over to make use of our kitchen counter and our bicycles!
With each nation there can be some cons to travelling or dwelling there. For China, we struggled to provide you with these ten downsides. There are so many nice issues about dwelling overseas, and dwelling right here in China has been a beautiful expertise. One we’ll cherish and always remember!
Like this Publish? Pin it!