As you realize, we cherished residing in China, we cherished our job and everybody we met was nice. We’re all the time so extremely constructive about China and rave about how nice it’s. There are various, many matters we miss about residing right here. Nevertheless, as with each place, there are some downsides to residing on this nation.
Right here’s a listing of 10 matters that we don’t miss about China:
1. The Air High quality. I’ve by no means been someplace with such horrible air pollution. Some days we actually couldn’t see out of our window. Throughout completely different occasions of the yr it may be actually good, or actually dangerous. We had a “China cough” nearly on daily basis.
2. Smoking. One matter we didn’t know earlier than travelling right here was that just about each man in China smokes. Regardless that there are “no smoking” indicators on trains, in eating places and different areas, it doesn’t matter, they nonetheless mild up. And naturally, nobody complains.
3. Peeing On The Avenue. This one we’ll by no means get used to. Kids have a slit minimize out of their pants for simpler entry to going to the lavatory (a primary or a quantity two). The one matter is, they simply go on the streets, into rubbish cans, in supermarkets, in prepare stations…the place ever. Even when a toilet is simply a few steps away.
4. The Spitting & Farmer’s Blowing. We now perceive the necessity for clearing of mucus out of 1’s lungs. However that doesn’t imply we get pleasure from listening to and seeing it. Nor will we get pleasure from a farmer’s blow, get some tissue!
5. The Driving. The driving in China is horrendous. We’ve been to many nations and seen some fairly dangerous drivers, however I feel they’re the worst right here! Nobody shoulder checks, pedestrians don’t have the right-of-way, they pace and swerve all around the avenue after which yell at one another when there’s an accident – when clearly each events concerned have been at fault! We’ve seen so many accidents right here, it’s insane.
6. Our Mattress. Our backs have thanked us since leaving right here. No quantity of padding might assist this board of a mattress.
7. Yelling At Kids. Mother and father and Grandparents scream at their kids and smack them on a regular basis, which is one thing that we personally don’t agree with.
8. MSG & Oily Meals. We LOVE the meals in China, it’s so scrumptious and there’s a lot selection. Nevertheless, there are massive quantities of MSG used, which provides flavour however the sodium content material is so excessive. The meals can be fairly oily and often fried.
9. Their Hatred For The Japanese. We had no concept how a lot animosity the Chinese language folks have for the Japanese. I feel it’s extra so in our space of China. Throughout WWII the Japanese tortured and murdered many Chinese language folks in Nanjing, the capital of our province. Our college students have been all the time making racist remarks and as non-racist folks, it was onerous for us to tolerate.
10. Being Too Tall For This Nation. Now this isn’t China’s fault, however we’re tall folks (I’m 5’10” and Nick is 6’0″), so it’s good to have the ability to purchase garments that match us and never must hunch over to make use of our kitchen counter and our bicycles!
With each nation there can be some cons to travelling or residing there. For China, we struggled to provide you with these ten downsides. There are so many nice matters about residing overseas, and residing right here in China has been a beautiful expertise. One we are going to cherish and always remember!
Like this Put up? Pin it!
Disclaimer: Some hyperlinks on this article are affiliate hyperlinks, which implies that if you buy by means of them, we obtain a small fee. This may by no means value you additional and in lots of circumstances you obtain a particular low cost. We recognize your help!