The various panorama of Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh attracts thousands and thousands of individuals into the lap of the northernmost a part of India. All three of those areas are blessed by nature’s bounty. Whereas Jammu is known for its temples, the great thing about Kashmir valley hardly wants any introduction. Right here, the plush meadows marry dramatic mountains, shikaras sail on tranquil lakes, and the sleepy hill stations home a sequence of sights. In Ladakh, you come throughout a panorama fairly totally different from Jammu and Kashmir. There’s a totally different expertise ready for you in every of those locations. On this weblog, we carry you 66 fascinating information about Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh you most likely didn’t know.
Attention-grabbing Details about Jammu and Kashmir
1. In accordance with the historical past of Jammu & Kashmir, Maharaja Hari Singh was the final ruling Maharaja of the princely state.
2. Srinagar was based by Emperor Ashoka and never the Mughal emperor Jahangir.
3. Kashmir’s cultural heritage flourished with the contribution of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam.
4. The syncretic tradition of Kashmir is greatest encapsulated by the phrase Kashmiriyat, which described the cultural values of the Kashmiri folks.
5. Shikara stays are a singular expertise extremely beneficial and normally included in good Kashmir packages.
6. The Pir Panjal railway tunnel, or the Banihal railway tunnel, is India’s Longest Railway Tunnel. It’s 11,215 km lengthy, 8.4m broad and seven.39m tall. Banihal railway tunnel is India’s longest and Asia’s fourth longest railway tunnel.
7. The standard Kashmiri gown, Pheran, the distinctive copper kettles known as Samovar, the earthen fireplace pots wrapped in woven wicker known as Kangiri, handcrafted walnut furnishings and souvenirs, and so on. are some unusual matters to take a look at.
8. The seasons in Jammu and Kashmir are spring, summer season, autumn and winter.
9. Srinagar, in Kashmir Valley, has served because the summer season capital, whereas Jammu has served because the winter capital.
10. One of the best locations for Kashmir tourism is Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonamarg and Pahalgam.
11. Kalhana, the primary Indian historical past author, gave a vivid account of the historical past of Kashmir earlier than the 10th century AD.
12. Due to Jammu and Kashmir’s big selection of elevations, its biogeography is numerous.
13. The Jhelum River is the one main Himalayan river which flows via the Kashmir valley.
14. In Jammu and Kashmir, the principal spoken languages are Kashmiri, Urdu, Dogri, Pahari, Balti, Ladakhi, Gojri, Shina and Pashto.
15. Kawa, conventional inexperienced tea with spices and almond, is consumed all via the day in Kashmir. Other than Kawa or Kehwa, Sheer Chai or Gulabi Chai is the standard beverage of Kashmir. It’s pink in color and salty in style.
16. Amarnath Collapse Jammu and Kashmir has pure Shiv Lingam manufactured from ice which is over 5000 years outdated and is a outstanding Hindu pilgrimage vacation spot. In accordance with a well-liked legend, Amarnath cave was found by a Muslim shepherd, Buta Malik.
17. Dras is the coldest inhabited place in India with temperatures reaching as little as -45°C. Dras is the second coldest inhabited place on earth.
18. The ruins of Martand Solar Temple is situated in Kashmir. It was constructed across the eighth century CE.
19. India’s first floating submit workplace was constructed on a houseboat on the western fringe of Dal Lake in Srinagar.
20. Houseboats first appeared within the 1800’s in Dal Lake by Pandit Naraindas to accommodate English guests.
21. Kashmir is alleged to have been a favourite trip spot of the Mughals.
22. Gulmarg is the most well-liked ski vacation spot in India. It was initially known as Gaurimarg by the shepherds to honour Goddess Parvati.
23. The traditional Mughal backyard, Chashme Shahi, was inbuilt 1632 AD. The backyard is house to a spring, whose waters are believed to own medicinal properties.
24. Vaishno Devi Temple in Katra, Jammu, which is visited by over 81 lakh pilgrims yearly, has been awarded the Cleanest Spiritual Place Award.
25. The well-known pashmina scarf is derived from underneath the stomach of home himalayan goat known as changthangi.
26. Betaab Valley, situated about 15 km from Pahalgam, is called after a Bollywood movie of the identical identify which was shot right here.
27. Zoji la is a crucial cross between Ladakh and Kashmir.
28. The 9 km lengthy Chenani-Nashri Tunnel is situated in Chenani, Jammu and Kashmir. It’s India’s longest highway tunnel.
29. The official ‘State Animal’ and ‘State Hen’ of Jammu & Kashmir are the Hangul and Black-necked Crane respectively.
30. Wular Lake is without doubt one of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia
31. Chenab Bridge is a singular bridge made up of metal, and can resist temperatures upto -20°C.
32. Gulmarg Gondola is without doubt one of the largest and highest ropeways in India, having a complete aerial distance of just about 5 kms.
33. Wazwan is without doubt one of the conventional dishes in Kashmir. A 36 course meal, it’s an integral a part of Kashmir.
34. Hazratbal Shrine, one among Kashmir’s holiest shrines, is situated in Srinagar and homes a strand of hair believed to be that of Prophet Muhammad.
35. The Floating Market in Srinagar, is a significant vacationer attraction and its solely type in India and the third in Asia.
36. Kashmir is the biggest producer of saffron in India and the third largest producer on the planet.
37. Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Backyard is the biggest tulip backyard in Asia.
38. The library in Raghunath Temple in Jammu homes over 6000 manuscripts in a number of Indian languages.
Attention-grabbing Details about Ladakh
1. Ladakh is the very best settlement in India. The cultivated fields at Korzok, at 4,600 meters, are thought of to be the very best fields on the planet.
2. The Bailey bridge in Ladakh, situated at an altitude of 5,602 meters, is the very best on the planet.
3. The Nubra Valley in Ladakh is the one place in India the place the dual humped/Bactrian camels could be discovered.
4. The Magnetic Hill is without doubt one of the well-known vacationer sights situated close to Leh in Ladakh. Often known as Gravity Hill, it provides the phantasm of a automotive drifting upwards.
5. The Indian Astronomical Observatory, located within the historic village of Hanle in Ladakh, boasts the second highest optical telescope on the planet.
6. Rangdum is the very best inhabited area within the Suru Valley.
7. Pangong Tso, located at an altitude of 4350 meters, is the very best saltwater lake on the planet. Virtually 134 km lengthy, 30% of it lies in India and 70% in China.
8. Dras, situated in Kargil, is the coldest place in India, and the second coldest place on the planet. Throughout winters, temperatures can drop as little as -45°C.
9. There’s no distinctive wet season attributable to restricted rainfall in Ladakh. The seasons in Ladakh are broadly summer season and winter.
10. Ladakh is house to a number of Himalayan glaciers. Siachen Glacier is the longest himalayan glacier, stretching as much as 76 km.
11. Chadar Trek, which gives a possibility of strolling on the frozen Zanskar River, is one among its type in India.
12. The very best white water rafting in India could be loved on the Zanskar River.
13. Hemis Nationwide Park has the very best density of snow leopards on the planet.
14. From Hunderman Village in Kargil, vacationers can spot a border village which was abandoned by the villagers in Pakistan.
15. ITBP (Indo Tibetan Border Police) organizes the Nationwide Ice Hockey Event In Ladakh throughout the winter months.
16. Nubra Valley is famously referred to as Damaged Moonland, as a result of its panorama resembles that of the moon. Nubra is itself a chilly desert.
17. Alchi and Lamayuru monastery are two of the oldest and largest monasteries in Ladakh.
18. Marsimik La is the very best cross in Ladakh. Though accessible to vacationers, they should receive an Inside Line Allow previous to traversing it.
19. Matho Nagrang, celebrated at Matho Monastery, is exclusive because it options two oracles, who predict the long run for the locals.
20. One of many largest sights of Diskit Monastery in Nubra Valley is the 32 meters tall statue of Maitreya Buddha Jampa.
21. The Indus and Zanskar rivers meet at Sangam close to the Nimmu village, about 35 km from Leh.
22. Turtuk village is the final village in India the place tourism is permitted.
23. Stok Kangri is the most well-liked trekking peak within the Ladakh.
24. Yak is not only a precious animal in Ladakh however can also be consumed with nice delicacy.
25. The well-known Bollywood film, Three Idiots, was shot at Pangong Tso. Others components of Ladakh have additionally been the location of taking pictures of a number of Bollywood films.
26. Mokthuk is a mix of soup and momos, and is enormously relished by the folks of Ladakh.
27. Chhang is without doubt one of the hottest alcohol in Ladakh.
28. Whereas travelling in Ladakh, you’ll come throughout a variety of quirky highway indicators like, “Don’t be a Gama within the land of Lama”, “Darling I such as you however not so quick”, “Love the neighbour however not whereas driving”, “After whisky driving dangerous”.