Making an attempt to craft that good Eire itinerary? I’ve bought you lined with a foolproof, “all-done-for-you” 7 days in Eire itinerary which can fulfill even probably the most choosy traveler!
Why per week? Effectively, it’s sufficient time to cowl the highlights of Eire and get style for the Emerald Isle.
Why go to Eire? Although I’m famously not a fan of fashionable journey locations, I’ll confess I’ve fallen in love with Eire. And I wish to assist you fall in love too!
What’s on this submit:
Let’s get planning:
7 Day Eire Itinerary
7 days in Eire offers you time to comfortably see quantity of the nation. My 7 day Eire itinerary takes you to three strategically-situated bases (Galway, Killarney, Dublin) for exploring the nation.
I personally adopted this itinerary once I visited Eire, which I fastidiously crafted from suggestions from my Irish social media followers. And, wow, it was simply the good route for exploring Eire! After all, I all the time encourage vacationers to forge their very own path. So on the finish I’ll provide you with ideas for different highway journey stops to think about.
🚗 Observe: this itinerary could be carried out as an Eire highway journey or utilizing public transportation (see the journey planning part under for sensible data).
Day 1 – Galway
You in all probability thought you have been going to begin in Dublin proper?
Chill out, you’ll get there!
However I believe Galway is the higher introduction to Eire as a result of its strategic place means it’s an awesome base for day journeys to 2 of Eire’s beautiful nationwide parks, plus you’ll save time by avoiding going out and in of Dublin visitors upon touchdown!
If you happen to arrive in time, take a drive to go to Connemara Nationwide Park. Admission into this beautiful nationwide park is free and it’s crammed with trails that take you thru mountains, forests, bogs, shoreline, and extra. Alternatively, wander the town streets and soak within the festive environment of Galway. Meander down Quay Avenue, round the Latin Quarter, and take a stroll in the direction of the Spanish Arch. If you happen to want extra actions to maintain you busy in Galway, take a look at this useful article.
Within the night, have a standard Irish dinner at The Quay Avenue Kitchen after which seize a pint at O Connel’s Bar.
Tips on how to Get to Galway
- 🚗 Hire a Automobile at Dublin Airport – In case you are up for a highway journey, Eire is ideal for it! The drive is beautiful and automotive leases could be actually low cost when you examine costs by way of Uncover Automobile Rent.
- 🚌 Take the Airport Bus – A 3-hour direct bus runs straight from Dublin Airport to Galway. If the timing of your flight is correct, you should use it to move straight west upon touchdown in Eire.
Greatest Locations To Keep in Galway
Professional tip: motels in Eire refill quick, however you’ll be able to make the most of Reserving.com‘s beneficiant cancellation insurance policies to lock in an awesome resort now even when you’re not 100% certain of your actual itinerary.
Day 2 – Cliffs of Moher
On day 2, let’s take a day journey to the Cliff of Moher! These monumental cliffs are Eire’s hottest vacationer attraction. And, regardless of the rising crowds, they’re really unimaginable. You possibly can go to by yourself you probably have a rental automotive, or in any other case the easiest way to do it’s as a part of an organized day tour.
If going by tour, that is positively one of the best one to decide on as it’s fairly reasonably priced and it’ll break up the journey to the Cliffs of Moher by stopping on the unimaginable 500 yr previous Dunguaire Citadel, the beautiful rolling hills of The Burren, and the Celtic Crosses at Kilfenora.
After your tour, return to Galway and dine on the Michelin-starred Aniar Restaurant or, when you’re within the temper for pub grub, at The Entrance Door on Cross Avenue. Alternatively, when you rented a automotive, it can save you a little bit of journey time by persevering with on straight from the Cliffs of Moher to our subsequent cease …
Day 3 – Killarney Nationwide Park, Ballybunion
From Galway, drive or hop the three hour bus to Killarney (by way of a change in Limerick), the place you’ll be greeted by a captivating city whose important avenue is lined with pubs, eating places, and an assortment of uniquely Irish outlets.
The primary matter it is best to do is go to Killarney Nationwide Park, a beautiful park that’s free and accessible just by strolling from the Previous City (you would additionally go biking and mountaineering in Killarney Nationwide Park). The spotlight of the park is unquestionably the beautiful Ross Citadel on the southern finish.
👉 Recommended Day Journey: When you have time on Day Three of your Eire itinerary, contemplate a facet journey to the quaint seaside city of Ballybunion. An hour or so away from Killarney lies this charming outpost on the Wild Atlantic Manner, the place you’ll be able to spend the day mountaineering alongside beautiful cliff walks. If the climate is correct, you would possibly even have the ability to catch some rays on the dramatically-situated seashore. And once you tire your self out, you’ll be able to merely stroll into city, seize a seat at a pub, and order up a pint or shepherds pie.
🍽️ Again in Killarney for the night, seize a desk at native favourite Treyvaud’s Restaurant.
🍺 If you happen to nonetheless have vitality afterwards, saddle as much as a bar stool for a pint at The Laurels Pub.
Greatest Locations To Keep in Killarney
Day 4 – Ring of Kerry
The long-lasting 179 kilometer lengthy Ring of Kerry loop takes you thru inexperienced fields, panoramic lookouts, coastal cliffs, villages, and tons of historic historical past. Even when you didn’t lease a automotive in your complete Eire 7 day itinerary (you actually ought to – right here’s an awesome Irish highway journey route), that is positively the in the future that it’s value taking a highway journey!
👉 Want a rental automotive? Remember to examine Uncover Automobile Rent, my favourite rental automotive search engine, now to be sure to lock in your automobile for the epic Eire highway journey.
🚌 Hate driving? You possibly can nonetheless do the Ring of Kerry by way of this group tour.
Well-liked stops alongside the Ring of Kerry embody:
- Skellig Rocks – a UNESCO protected monastery break on some dramatic jagged-rock islands.
- Portmagee – a seaside village with brilliant and beautiful buildings.
- Torc Waterfall – one of many many fashionable waterfalls alongside the route.
- Kenmare – an adorably picturesque city with brilliant coloured buildings.
- Staigue Fort – a really previous stone fort the place the rocks have managed to lock collectively for ages with out mortar or any form of binding.
See this text for a full itemizing of what to see alongside the Ring of Kerry.
👉 Professional tip: If driving the Ring of Kerry, go counterclockwise to keep away from the tour buses alongside the highway.
🍽️ 🍺 Within the night, return to Killarney and exit and benefit from the vintage eating room at Bricín Restaurant earlier than testing Murphy’s Bar Killarney.
Day 5 – The Dingle Peninsula
In your fifth day in Eire, you’re going to it’s westernmost half – the Dingle Peninsula. The Dingle Peninsula is among the extra beautiful spots alongside the Wild Atlantic Manner, the place beautiful inexperienced fields high jagged cliffs guarding wild seashores.
🚌 From Killarney, Dingle is about an hour drive.
🚌 Choose a tour? be a part of this highly-rated tour from Killarney. The tour will take you to Inch Seashore, a stretch of golden sand made well-known in a number of films, together with Playboy of the Western World. You’ll additionally tour Slea Head, arguably one of the stunning stretches of Eire’s coast line, earlier than ending within the fishing city of Dingle.
🐬 Enjoyable Reality: Dingle is the house port for a dolphin named Fungi who is thought to actively search out human mates. Possibly when you luck out, you’ll be Fungi’s newest good friend!
🍽️ 🍺 You possibly can return to Killarney or in a single day in Dingle. If the latter, seize dinner at Out of the Blue or The World Village Restaurant.
Greatest Locations to Keep in Dingle
Day 6 – Dublin
On Day 6, drive or take the practice to Dublin. If driving, alongside the way in which see the Rock of Cashel in your option to see a historic 12th century tower and fortress.
Settle into your Dublin resort (👉 reserve asap, by the way in which, as the nice Dublin motels refill quick), then be a part of a Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour to shortly take within the high websites of Dublin.
Don’t miss the Trinity School Library. Nestled in the midst of the town, Trinity School is a retreat from the bustle of Dublin correct, and the long-lasting Trinity School library is a well-liked spot to snap these Instagram pictures.
🍺 Within the night, seize a drink at The Temple Bar. This fashionable bar is undeniably a little bit of a vacationer lure. However it’s so fashionable that your complete surrounding nightlife district bears its title. So be a part of the opposite journey lemmings for a pint or 4 and see the place the evening takes you.
👉 Professional tip: If you happen to like group excursions, this can be a good itemizing of the most well-liked ones in Dublin.
Greatest Locations To Keep in Dublin
Day 7 – Dublin
Finish your Eire 7 day itinerary with a go to to the Guinness Storehouse. Most likely the most well-liked matter to do in Dublin, the Guinness Storehouse is a multi-level exhibition devoted to the darkish stout which is so closely ingrained in Eire’s tradition. The self-guided tour concludes with the prospect to study to pour an ideal pint of Guinness on the Guinness Academy.
🎫 Tickets price 26 euros for an grownup and could be purchased on-line prematurely if you wish to skip the road.
Within the night, take this wonderful and reasonably priced strolling tour that explores the spooky and haunted facet of Dublin.
🍽️ On your final dinner on the town, e book a desk for an evening of effective eating on the posh Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud.
Choices to Lengthen Your Eire Itinerary from 7 to 10 Days
Whereas I believe that the above 7 day Eire itinerary is ideal for sampling of what Eire has to supply, you actually don’t need to do what I did and there’s a lot extra to discover in your Eire highway journey if you wish to craft your individual journey.
When you have a bit extra time for a 10 day Eire itinerary, different fashionable locations in Eire embody:
- Doolin and The Aran Islands – A tiny village close to the Cliffs of Moher, Doolin was one among my favourite locations in Eire. You possibly can hike the cliffs from right here, or use it as a base for visiting the Aran Islands, windswept islands off the coast the place you may get round by pony cart.
- Belfast, Northern Eire – Take a detour as much as Northern Eire. Referred to as the house of the Titanic (an odd distinction, however one the town claims nonetheless), Belfast can be utilized as a base to go to many Sport of Thrones filming places, in addition to the gorgeous Big’s Causeway. Foodies can even love the numerous wonderful Belfast eating places to select from.
- Cork – A comparatively massive metropolis by Irish requirements, Cork sits alongside a beautiful waterfront. From right here, you’ll be able to take a day journey to kiss the Blarney Stone at Blarney Citadel.
Matters to See in Eire in a Week
Nevertheless you precisely construction your Irish 7 day itinerary, you’re going to wish to just be sure you take within the following important Eire experiences a technique or one other:
Lush Greenery within the Irish Countryside
They don’t name it the Emerald Island for nothing. The whole island is roofed is dozens of shades of inexperienced, and also you’ll be hard-pressed to discover a nook of Eire that’s not Instagram-ready — it’s simply that fairly of a rustic!
If you happen to’re questioning what to see in Eire in 7 days, look no additional than out your window!
Castles and Historical past
Eire has been inhabited for 1000’s of years, and has the historical past to show it. Historical past buffs will probably be spoiled in Eire’s Historical East, whereas those that dream of previous lives as princes or princesses will really feel at residence in Eire’s many majestic castles.
Pub Tradition and Hospitality
The Irish individuals are famed for his or her heat, their cheer, and their joviality (you’ve in all probability heard of a bit vacation referred to as St Patrick’s Day). You’ll really feel proper at residence in Eire’s welcoming tradition, whether or not it’s watching a standard dance to Irish music, listening to a storyteller regale an viewers with centuries-old fables, or simply saddling as much as a bar stool for that good pint of Guinness (or Eire’s different stout – Murphy’s!).
Unbelievable Coastal Walks and Hikes
Eire is surrounded by three thousand kilometers of jagged shoreline, giving guests entry to beautiful and infrequently empty seashores, fashionable browsing spots, and loads of strolling trails above and round dramatic cliffs.
Eire Highway Journey Planning
- 🚗 Hire a automotive – Renting a automotive in Eire is shockingly low cost, and excellent for making an Eire highway journey itinerary. It’s an effective way to provide the freedom to discover the beautiful countryside by your self.
- 👉 Professional tip: Try the Uncover Automobile Rent search engine to match numerous Irish rental businesses and get one of the best worth.
- 🚆 Practice – Eire’s trains are actually wonderful in high quality, however the community sadly doesn’t go fairly in every single place you would possibly want. A practice from Killarney to Dublin ran me 33 euros.
- 🚌 Bus – For routes the place the practice doesn’t run, that is the one possibility for these with no automotive. There are first rate buses between most locations, nevertheless. I paid 20 euros to go from the Dublin Airport direct to Galway, and 19 euros to go from Galway to Killarney (with a change in Limerick).
Driving in Eire
- Eire drives on the left facet of the highway.
- Get the smallest automotive potential as nation roads could be very slender.
- Roads are protected, however be sure to have journey insurance coverage for Eire.
- Leases are sometimes cheaper away from Dublin (one more reason this Eire highway journey itinerary begins in Galway!).
Ideas for Your Eire Journey
- 💰 Cash: Eire makes use of the Euro. Bank cards are broadly accepted, although some locations function on a cash-only foundation.
- 🗨️ Language: English is the dominant language, although Irish (or Gaelic) is usually used as a written language — although it is going to nearly all the time be paired with English writing as effectively.
- ☔ Climate: All that inexperienced grass has to come back from someplace. So it is best to all the time have a raincoat or an umbrella useful (learn our evaluation of one of the best journey umbrellas for suggestions!). And if visiting the Wild Atlantic Manner, be ready for prime winds alongside the cliffs (they don’t name it “Wild” for nothing!). Nonetheless, when you can deal with some rain and a bit chill, Eire is a type of European locations that may be visited yr spherical.
- ✈️ Attending to Eire: Dublin and Shannon airport have frequent flights to Europe and North America. Irish finances provider Aer Lingus has just lately begun closely increasing it’s direct routes to america, which means that spherical journey flights can typically be discovered for $500 USD or much less.
- 📚 Eire Guidebooks: If you’d like extra detailed info on different choices for what to see in Eire in 7 days, use this trick to get a free copy of Lonely Planet’s Eire information.
- 📱 Communication: Wifi is ubiquitous in Eire. When you have an unlocked cellphone, you should buy a neighborhood SIM card to get mobile knowledge.
- 🍻 “Benefit from the Craic!”: You’ll hear the Irish use the phrase “craic” incessantly, typically saying one thing like “benefit from the craic.” For the un-initiated, the phrase roughly means “enjoyable,” “get together,” or “environment.”
How A lot Does Eire Price?
As with all vacation spot, how a lot you spend in Eire relies upon quite a bit in your journey type. You could possibly splash out drop tons of of euros an evening on a brilliant posh fort resort like this one, or you would get away with spending 12 euros an evening on a hostel dorm mattress.
With that mentioned, listed here are some tough tips for a way a lot it prices to journey Eire:
🏘️ Housing Prices
- 🛏️ Mattress in hostel dorm room: 15-20 euros/evening (extra in Dublin on a weekend)
- 🛎️ Personal room, shared AirBnB, or finances resort: 40-60 euros/evening
- 🏘️ Airbnb (complete home): 80-200 euros/evening
- ✨ Luxurious resort: 200+ euros/evening
🍽️ Meals and Eating
Determine 15-20 euros/day if consuming at supermarkets, quick meals locations (attempt SuperMacs – the Irish model of McDonald’s) and avenue distributors, 30 euros or extra if consuming at eating places.
4-6 euros for a pint of Guinness, 6+ euros for a cocktail at a bar
20-30 euros for bus or practice ticket between cities, although with costs beginning at simply 30 euros per day, renting a automotive could also be aggressive economically (👉 professional tip: use Uncover Automobile Rent to match prices at numerous rental businesses).
There are a lot of free or reasonably priced choices, together with coastal walks, public performances, and extra. Entrances charges for castles and websites usually vary from 2 to 15 euros.
One place you positively don’t wish to skimp on is journey insurance coverage. I used World Nomads, although you can too use this website to match tons of of firms and discover one of the best journey insurance coverage supplier for you.
👉 Professional tip for saving cash: The primary matter you’ll want to understand when planning to tour Eire on a finances is that Dublin is considerably dearer than the remainder of the nation.
Whereas hardly any traveler goes to wish to skip Dublin altogether, it can save you cash by limiting your time there. So be sure you save your euros and finish your journey with a bang by exploring this thrilling metropolis.
That’s it for this mega Eire highway journey itinerary information!
Didn’t get to soak up the whole lot right here? Remember to bookmark this good Eire itinerary for later.
Get pleasure from your journey to Eire! And you probably have different concepts for what to see in Eire in 7 days, simply let me know within the feedback!