We’re 40 this yr, imagine it or not (we use good anti-wrinkle cream) and to rejoice we’ve combed by all our hostel offers throughout Europe to piece collectively an inventory of cities you can keep in for 2 nights for lower than €40!
We stated it as soon as (effectively, far more than as soon as) and we’ll say it once more: touring doesn’t need to be costly. We’ve acquired the products to show it.
This picturesque little Portuguese metropolis is ideal for a break at any time of yr – the climate is a little bit cooler in winter (about 12°C) however that shouldn’t cease you from taking a stroll alongside the waterfront and knocking again a number of ports from the cellars. The remainder of the time? Spend it wandering the old-world streets, absorbing the tradition within the varied galleries and museums, and consuming copious pastel de nata’s.
Bluesock Hostels (2 nights below €40 all through November)
- Strolling distance to town’s major points of interest
- Conventional blue-tiled constructing – do it for the ‘Gram!
Cut up, Croatia
In the event you’re not going for the seashores or island hopping, then Cut up in winter will be simply as charming and at 1 / 4 of the value. Wander the inside partitions of the traditional UNESCO Diocletians Palace and go bar and restaurant-hopping, and procuring. In the event you’re in search of an honest culture-filled break that avoids the vacationer crowds, then that is it.
Design Hostel Goli & Bosi (2 nights below €40 all through November)
- Boutique hostel set in a 19th Century warehouse
- On-site cinema
- Set proper within the outdated city of Cut up
This historic metropolis begins warming up in spring, and the vacationers don’t arrive til summer season, making it the best vacation spot for a brief break. Go for the crumbling ruins and historical past, however keep for the surprisingly hipster bar tradition, avenue artwork scene and beneficiant servings of halloumi.
AthenStyle Hostel (2 nights for below €40 all through April or October – one other good time of yr to go to)
- Rooftop terrace with Acropolis view – hi there, chilled sundowners!
- Strolling distance from most points of interest
London, United Kingdom
The buzzing capital of England comes alive in the summertime – beer gardens filled with locals benefiting from glad hours, music and cultural festivals popping up throughout town, avenue markets overflowing with tasty meals and stay buskers, plus artwork galleries and museums internet hosting a few of their greatest world-class exhibitions. You are able to do London at any time of yr, however summer season is when it shines.
Clink 78 (€40 for two night time’s keep throughout the week in August.) FYI it fluctuates. In the event you’ve heard of this matter known as Brexit, you get it. However for London, that is low cost… and we adore it!
- Former courthouse – tremendous cool, barely hipster hostel (you sleep in a former cell)
- Ideally situated 10 minutes’ stroll to Kings Cross Station, that means you will get to different elements of the UK fairly simply after getting your fill of London
Madrid is all about balmy evenings, vibrant power, and gastronomic revolution. Dance til daybreak, eat your physique weight in Spanish delicacies, discover the historic structure, and marvel on the masterpieces of Picasso, Dalí and Miró. It’s a cultural discovery, instances 1000.
Cat’s Chill Out Hostel (2 night time keep below €40 for August weekdays)
- Proper within the centre of Madrid
- Lovely Arab-Andalusian model patio
- Has its personal ‘cave’ – relax within the day, occasion at night time!
Italy is arguably higher explored throughout autumn or spring, as a result of the climate continues to be heat, however the selfie-stick-touting households are nowhere to be seen (effectively, most of them anyway). Rome nonetheless will get about eight hours of sunshine a day in October, so you will get in all of your sightseeing, tuck into an enormous bowl of pasta al fresco within the solar, and spend your evenings sipping on Aperol’s.
Yellow Hostel (2 night time keep below €40 for October weekdays)
- Tremendous cool hostel full with bar, membership, escape room, salon and tattoo parlor (keep away from after a number of beers, except you desire a tattoo of a pizza)
- Unbelievable central location, eight min stroll from Termini prepare station – ideally suited for a city-hopping tour of Europe!
This romantic little slice of Italy is greatest loved when there’s much less crowds – one of the best time to go to is usually April and Could, or September and October. The winding lanes and quirky structure of the mainland is far more satisfying to get misplaced in if you’re not sandwiched in with different vacationers. Spend your days wandering aimlessly alongside the streets, dipping in to wine bars, artwork galleries, museums, church buildings and outlets.
Anda Hostel (2 night time keep below €40 at any time of yr)
- The hostel itself is definitely in Mestre (on the mainland from Venice, a 10 min/€1.50 bus experience to Venice station) and offers off extra genuine Italian vibes than for those who had been keep in central Venice – and it’s rather a lot cheaper!
- Common leisure – stay music/DJ units and many others – on weekends
Prague, Czech Republic
You could possibly arguably go to this historic metropolis of spires at any time of the yr. Afterall, the beer is one of the best on the planet, and stays chilly year-round. The climate is gentle in spring and autumn, so it’s a lot better for sightseeing, but in addition the coziness of the pubs and Christmas markets makes winter a really magical time to go to. Fortunate for you, we’ve acquired a hostel that’s low cost all yr!
Plus Prague (2 night time keep below €40 at any time of yr)
- Positioned in a quiet space – 20 minutes by tram into town
- Indoor pool and sauna
The place East meets West. Istanbul is extremely various, from its structure to its meals and all the pieces in between. With welcoming locals, high-spirited communities, creative treasures and luggage of tradition (assume galleries, museums, festivals and points of interest), it’s no surprise Istanbul is one in every of our trending locations this yr. The most effective time to go to Istanbul is spring or autumn, the place the temperature is snug however vacationer numbers are low, providing you with a correct really feel for genuine Turkish life.
#Bunk Taksim (2 night time keep below €40 at any time of yr)
- Positioned a stone’s throw from stylish Taksim Sq.
- #Bunk roof – a terrace to benefit from the (included) breakfast or take pleasure in a cocktail at sundown!
- Award-winning luxurious hostel
To make it clear, these costs aren’t together with flights or transport – however we are able to get you some fairly good offers on these too. Search our low cost flights to Europe web page, our rail passes hub, and even our campervan web page for those who’re feeling a European roadtrip!