It has been greater than every week now since I set foot to the attractive island of Palawan from my dwelling nation. I simply posted a teaser photograph of the 30+ Photographs That Will Make You Need To Ebook A Flight To El Nido, Palawan and consider it or not, it bought a whopping 2k web page views in Three hours all viewers from the Center East Area alone!
You will not consider it however residing within the Philippines for greater than 20 years, I wasn’t in a position to totally discover our nation. That’s as a result of we’ve got greater than 7,100 islands surrounded by large our bodies of water, going locations is not that straightforward. In order a primary time customer, I am sharing with you guys a couple of journey suggestions that may be of assist in case you are planning to go to El Nido.
BUT FIRST, FLY TO PH
I had a brief trip from Nov. 17-28th this yr and flew from Dubai to Manila by way of Emirates Airways. There are totally different worldwide airways flying each day to Manila and I bought my ticket on sale (woot woot!), driving among the finest airways on the planet (finest crews, I swear!). It was an extended 8hour flight however in case you are driving Emirates, you will not really feel it. I had a great sleep after I travelled and watched a number of films. And so they have free wifi too so… 🙂
Since I’m a Philippine passport holder, I did not have any issues getting previous by immigration. Different nationalities might need some points, here is a useful resource that you should learn for those who plan on visiting my dwelling nation:
Excellent news: passport holders from Center East international locations like Oman, Qatar, KSA, and UAE might enter my dwelling nation for thirty (30) days or much less, hooray!
THEN, TRAVEL TO EL NIDO
There is no worldwide flight to El Nido sadly, and you actually need to cease in Manila and take a home flight at Manila Worldwide Airport Terminal Three or 4. You possibly can journey to El Nido in any of those 2 handy methods:
- Direct flight from Manila to El Nido by way of Air Swift (1 hour length) – that is the most costly means and a spherical journey ticket begins at USD 185 per particular person and up relying on seasonality.
- Fly from Manila to Puerto Prinsesa and take a van/bus to El Nido (eight hour length) – that is what common travellers and backpackers like myself take, the spherical journey funds (air tickets and van/bus) is often at USD 120, perhaps lesser for those who e book it earlier or throughout off-season. There are a number of airways flying to Puerto Prinsesa each day, I took AirAsia this time as a result of they’re the most cost effective. Opposite to the dangerous matters I’ve heard in regards to the airline, the return flights I had have been on-time – we have been even 30minutes forward on my flight again to Manila. Very spectacular.
The 5hour drive was just a little bumpy, the driving force appears to be in a rush. We had one cease to have lunch and was additionally stunned to see ‘halal’ indicators on the menu. Word that the cease is nothing fancy and so they serve meals the native means, I explored the restaurant additional and was pleased to see that our Muslim brothers and sisters are warmly welcomed within the island.
|A meal on the stop-over: Kilawing Tanigue (Filipino model of Kish Fish Ceviche) and rice for USD 2.50|
I missed Filipino meals a lot I had Kilawing Tanigue and rice for lunch. We stopped for 20 minutes and went again on the street. After a couple of extra hours, we reached the city correct of El Nido.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT HOTEL IN EL NIDO, PALAWAN
|Corong-corong Seashore has a implausible view of the sundown, attempt to get an lodging on this space to completely get pleasure from El Nido|
There is not a lot luxurious accommodations in El Nido, majority are native inns which will be discovered within the city correct. I do not, nonetheless, suggest staying on the city correct irrespective of how accessible the outlets and transportation are. Why? The city is fairly congested and noisy at evening (I stayed in one of many hostels at USD 12 for a small fan room, it was okay however I actually had a tough time sleeping). It is extra like Station 2 of Boracay Island. There are some lodging in different districts, just like the one the place I’ve stayed on the remaining nights positioned in Corong-corong.
My second evening was booked at a backpacker type resort referred to as Dormitels (roughly USD 10 -25 per evening relying on seasonality) and my final evening was in a extra upscale boutique resort referred to as Ecohotels (round USD 50-85 relying on seasonality). Each accommodations are positioned in Pops District in Brgy. Corong-corong which is about 7mins away from the noisy get together scene of El Nido. I would be sharing extra particulars and images of those amenities individually as a result of they do deserve it. However here is a preview of the rooms simply in case:
|Dormitels – El Nido, Palawan|
|Ecohotels – El Nido, Palawan|
MY THREE DAY ITINERARY IN EL NIDO, PALAWAN
Three days is definitely fairly quick to completely discover El Nido, Palawan however here is how I’ve deliberate mine:
- Day 1: Sundown Watching at Republica Sundown Bar – I arrived at 3pm in El Nido on the 22nd of November so I wasn’t in a position to do a lot nonetheless, I made positive to not skip sundown watching at Republica. BEST SUNSET VIEWS. With folks clapping their palms for this lovely view. And belief me, they’ve the most effective music combine. Like hella lovable music whoever their superior DJ is. Beer is reasonable too, and here is a hack: go to them after sundown and you will get discounted value for meals and drinks.
- Day 2: Booked Tour A for Island Hopping Journey – I booked a tour from the identical operator that dealt with my transport from Puerto Prinsesa to El Nido and again. I relied on my pal’s weblog for the advice though I took Tour A all as a result of the brand new pal I met throughout the van journey booked the identical tour. We weren’t on the identical journey sadly, however I met new folks alongside the way in which which made it crazier and enjoyable. Tour A is principally going round lagoons and seashores of El Nido. Our stops embrace 7 Commando Seashore, Shimizu Island, Secret Lagoon, Massive Lagoon and Small Lagoon. I paid USD 24 for this complete day journey with tourism charge and buffet lunch included.
- Day 3: Visited Nacpan Seashore, Nagkalit-kalit Falls, and Las Cabanas seashore by way of tricycle – On my final day, we employed a tricycle to go to three different locations with much less vacationers roaming round he space. It price us roughly USD 40 to rent a tryke with entrance charges to entry each Nacpan Seashore and Nagkalit-kalit Falls (there have been Three of us on the journey). What I loved essentially the most is the lunch at Prince restaurant in Nacpan, very tasty seafood choices and really reasonably priced too. The one draw back I assume is that there’s often a really lengthy wait between 12-1pm so in case you are planning to go for lunch, are available early.
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR WHEN TRAVELING TO EL NIDO
There are a couple of matters that I’m already conscious of, plugs for instance, as I’m initially from the Philippines. However simply in case, listed below are a couple of different helpful suggestions and matters that I feel are very important to take notice once you plan to go to El Nido Palawan:
- Don’t drink faucet water in El Nido – El Nido would not have a water system but and the water from taps are unsafe to drink. At all times purchase bottled water for consuming.
- Transportation round El Nido – if you’ll be travelling to close by locations with the radius of town centre, you’ll journey a tricycle. You possibly can have all of it to your self by paying particular charge (Php 50) or share it with different locals paying solely Php 10 per particular person. Wherever far you’ll have to lease the tryke for complete day charge.
- Plugs and sockets – most amenities in El Nido has a flat energy socket (Sort A) AND HOTELS DON’T NORMALLY HAVE ANY SPARE ADAPTOR so be sure to hold a common charger.
- Cash – the forex in Palawan is Philippine Peso, be sure to stack up your pockets with sufficient money. There may be solely ONE financial institution department with 2 ATM machines in El Nido which is positioned on the city correct (it is referred to as BPI financial institution). There’s a very only a few amenities with bank card terminals so once more, carry money.
- Mobile community and web – within the Philippines, there are 2 mobile community suppliers: Globe and Sensible. Sensible is stronger within the metropolis correct and Corong-corong space by way of community (each voice and web) however for those who go additional to Nacpan seashore, Globe works higher. Tip: don’t signal as much as any limitless web community provide on any networks. Some accommodations have obtainable wifi and simply attempt to maximize it. All these I’ve tried are literally weak so let your family and friends know that the protection in El Nido is intermittent.
- Carry with you an amazing headset with noise cancellation capabilities – belief me you will be needing this particularly for an extended journey from Puerto Prinsesa to El Nido OR in case you are having issues getting your sleep. Fortunately, I’ve with me this very nice headset piece from Parrot that lasted for days on full energy. It is a Zik Three headphones that’s VERY snug on the ears and has a proper ear cup that’s touch-sensitive – faucet it to play/pause, slide up and down to vary quantity, and flick proper and left to vary. Superior? Sure I do know.
- Request for the tourism/setting charge receipt out of your island hopping tour supplier – The charge for that is Php 200, you will want this receipt once you go to different journeys and excursions in El Nido so you’ll not pay for additional.
- Deliver A Mosquito Repellent Lotion/Oil – I wasn’t ready for the mosquito bites thus, I went again to Dubai with crimson rashes that I bought after I stayed on the city correct throughout the first evening. You should buy repellent lotion on the pharmacies or on the airport.
- Earlier than hopping on an island tour, be sure that your devices are protected from water and get a pair of swim footwear to guard your toes from sharp matters – there can be found water proof baggage all around the island bought for as little as USD 10. Majority of the time, you’ll be getting off the boat and also will swim your solution to the seashore so attempt to safe your belongings in a water-proof bag. There are plenty of sharp corals as properly, swim footwear will be rented for USD 2 for the entire day.
That is one more lengthy journey necessities put up, I will probably be sharing with you the place I’ve spent my nights with on separate posts shortly! Is there something essential that I missed to share? Place it in your feedback under!
* * * *
Photographs are mine except specified. This put up is in collaboration with Dormitels and Ecohotels Philippines.